- New Hero on PTR : Orisa
- She is a 4-legged robot designed by an 11-year old engineer named Efi Oladele. She’s a Tank character and is intended to be a anchor tank like Reinhardt.
- Main Weapon – Fusion Driver – An automatic gun with good range and accuracy even at a distance. Orisa’s movement slows down while she’s firing. 200 bullets in a clip and a constant stream takes 16 seconds to empty.
- Secondary fire – Halt! – launches a graviton charge across the map, slowing nearby enemies as it passes. Then you right click again, to detonate it, which then pulls enemies towards its location briefly.
- Fortify – Boosts her personal defense, reducing damage taken and making her unstoppable for a short time. (cannot be affected by action-impairing effects.)
- Protective Barrier – She can throw out a curved, stationary shield that is similar to Reinhardt’s shield. It stays until it’s destroyed or 20 seconds has elapsed.
- Ultimate: Supercharger – This device buffs allies within range, increasing the damage they inflict to enemies. They have to be within line-of-site of the Supercharger.
- Bastion Changes – There was a dramatic reaction to the Bastion changes that went live. So badly that Blizzard said they are going to roll them back. In the meantime, the PTR has been updated with some adjusted changes to Bastion for testing.
- Bastion now takes 20% less damage while in Sentry or Tank modes (was 35%)
Zarya Changes – Her Particle Barrier and Projected Barrier no longer protect from knockback. The dev comments clarified: If Zarya has a barrier on herself and is hit by one of Phara’s concussive blasts, she won’t be affected, because the barrier blocked the effect. However, if Winston uses his ultimate and starts to swing at Zarya, it will now knock her back even if a protective barrier is active, since melee attacks pierce barriers.
- Season 3 is over and Scott Mercer revealed some stats.
- Bronze – 6%
- Silver – 22%
- Gold – 34%
- Platinum – 23%
- Diamond – 10%
- Master – 3%
- Grandmaster – <1%
- The Median maximum skill rating is a little above 2300. If you have a SR of 2350 you are higher than 50% of players.
- Capture the Flag
– Oasis, Gardens- small map!
– Illios, Well- haven’t seen past the flag lol, big map
- Job Simulator (the game) posted a video of them playing Overwatch in the game. Great video – https://twitter.com/MajorMcDoom/status/836300745230192643/video/1
- Jeff Kaplan spoke at the DICE Summit Conference. If you want to watch it, you can here: https://youtu.be/4SNdrEGSVUY?t%3D6m45s
- He talked about world building, Project Titan, location design, concept design, hero design and game design
- APEX Season 2 Update
- They moved from the round robin group stage to the Group stage #2. Only one Western team made it through, and that was Team EnVyUs. The other 7 teams are Korean teams.
- Group A will start off with Lunatic-Hai vs EnVyUs and Kongdoo Uncia vs RunAway.
- Group B will start with Meta Athena vs AF.Blue and Kongdoo Panthera vs LW Blue.
- These matches will take place throughout March.
- Overwatch Carbon Series
- This tournament is in progress through their group stages, which continue through March. The top 4 teams will progress to the Playoffs. Currently Hammers is leading the teams with 4 wins and 0 losses. I find it interesting that Team Liquid hasn’t won a match yet.
- Old Spice Tournament – San Paulo, Brazil
- This tournament is just about over. Black Dragons e-Sports vs WS Esports are playing in the finals playing for a $50,000 prize pool. This ends on 3/11/17.
Reviews and Emails
I enjoy your podcast!
I’m a newbie to Overwatch and FPS in general and as I’ve become more immersed in this game, I’ve appreciate your ptr updates, opinions as casual gamers and tutorials. Love the friendly banter. I’m sure it takes a lot of effort between creating the podcast and maintaining the website, please keep up the good work.
That does it for this episode. You can email the show at [email protected] You can also visit our website at www.lootboxshow.com where we will post the show notes with the episode that has links to all the information we discussed.
Our YouTube channel is http://www.lootboxshow.com/youtube
You can follow us on Twitter
LOOT Box Podcast – @Lootboxshow
SquishieDragon – @Squishiedragon
RadMobile – @NickLindyGaming
You can support the show through Patreon at : www.patreon.com/LootBoxPodcast
If you want to check out SquishieDragon’s Art Stream, she streams Thursday, starting at 3pm CST: http://www.twitch.tv/squishiedragn
Be sure to subscribe and rate us on iTunes!