Doomfist! – Hes out! (on PTR)
– Hand Cannon: Doomfist fires a short-range burst from the knuckles of his fist. Its ammunition is automatically regenerated over a short time.
– Seismic Slam: Doomfist leaps forward and smashes into the ground, knocking nearby enemies toward him.
– Rising Uppercut: Doomfist uppercuts enemies in front of him into the air.
– Rocket punch: After charging up, Doomfist lunges forward and knocks an enemy back, dealing additional damage if they impact a wall. (50 dmg if tapped, 100 if knocked into wall, if fully charged and hit a wall it does 100 on impact and 150 bonus when hitting the wall!)
– The Best Defence...: Doomfist generates temporary personal shields when he deals ability damage.
– Meteor Strike: Doomfist leaps into the sky, then crashes to the ground, dealing significant damage.
Doomfist is an extremely mobile hero, even more so than Genji!! :O He’s fast and has huge movement range. Genji is more reaction, Doomfist is more a rhythm, methodical.
- Voice actor is NOT Terry Crews. It is Sahr Ngaujah (Pronounced:Sah Gouge-ah), an American theater director and actor who was in The Signal, Steppin and Money Monster.
- They just added skins to the PTR for Doomfist. Go here to check them out. https://www.heroesneverdie.com/2017/7/12/15962794/doomfist-skin-cosmetics-legendaries-ptr
- McCree – Flashbang now slows targets significantly when they are stunned. This makes them less likely to slide away around a corner or something similar once they are stunned.
- Zarya – Graviton Surge now disables all movement abilities or affected targets, similar to Junkrat’s trap. NOOOOOO RIP MERCY
- Reaper – reduced the audio cues for Shadow Step. YUUUUUSSS!!
- “Players think that every change we make to hero has the intent of buffing or nerfing that hero. Changes to heroes are usually made to make the game better. That’s what we were trying to do with Roadhog. Our goal wasn’t a nerf – our intent wasn’t a nerf. Our intent was to try to remove a behavior that had become “not ok” with our player base – the one-shot combo. Maybe he needs to be adjusted again? Probably. I am just using this as an example that not everything is super black and white. There is a gray area in making the game feel good. Sometimes we need to hold our ground and not make dramatic swings to the game.” -Jeff Kaplan (source)
- Reinhardt fixed? Fire Strike hitbox will be changed (back to original size most likely), a host of hammer swing issues due to latency have been fixed, also increased his hammer swing speed by 10%, firestrike and charge now sync correctly regardless of network latency. Charge reliably pins targets instead of knocking them back. (Note: we fixed a number of issues and all of the issues we were reliably able to reproduce. Because charge is a cone-based attack and latency is involved, there might be other issues that surface. Providing us reproducible steps or video clips will help us if additional issues arise). Charge reliably pins targets when moving up steep stairs/ramps (see above note). Remaining issues: Earthshatter isn’t picking up targets under certain circumstances. We intend to fix this issue in the next patch.
- Overwatch League: Teams announced
- Boston (Bob Kraft, owner of the New England Patriots)
- New York (Jeff Wilpon, COO of the New York Mets)
- Miami/Orlando (Ben Spoont and backed by the Miami Heat)
- San Francisco (Andy Miller, founder of NRG Esports and co-owner of the Sacramento Kings)
- Los Angeles (Noah Winston, CEO of Immortals and backed by AEG, Grizzlies owner Stephen Kaplan and Lionsgate)
- Shanghai, China (NetEase, partner with Blizzard and who runs Battle.net in China)
- Seoul, South Korea
- The entire first season will take place at a venue in Los Angeles, giving each team the time they need to find permanent venue locations in their home towns. Season 2, teams will travel around the world and host each other in a series of home and away games.
- Matches will be played each Thursday, Friday and Saturday. A full schedule will be released closer to launch.
- Teams are able to “license, operate and monetize” up to 5 amateur events in their local territory each year and retain all of that revenue.
- It has also been mentioned that there will be in-game items, such as team-branded skins and other items.
- “In the planning stages” for a fantasy sports league as well. Not for wagering but to allow fans to become even more involved. https://www.heroesneverdie.com/2017/7/12/15959592/overwatch-league-fantasy-sports
- In odd news, a Brazilian fan founded the Hanzo National Church. It doesn’t take much to actually do this in Brazil (have a physical address, 5 signatures, a lawyer’s signature and paying the fees). But as a member of this new church, members can request a free Tuesday per month to be dedicated to “religious studies” (playing Overwatch). You are encouraged to consume gamer food and treats during the meetings.
Reviews and Emails
iTunes Reviews: 0
That does it for this episode. You can email the show at [email protected] You can also visit our website at www.lootboxshow.com where we will post the show notes with the episode that has links to all the information we discussed.
You can follow us on Twitter
LOOT Box Podcast – @Lootboxshow
SquishieDragon – @Squishiedragon
RadMobile – @NickLindyGaming
You can support the show through Patreon at : www.patreon.com/LootBoxPodcast
Be sure to subscribe and rate us on iTunes!
Until next show, Happy gaming!