- 5 more (regular) loot boxes are available with your Twitch Prime subscription
- Summer Games – August 8 – 29 (video intro)
- Lucioball – 3v3 play with a new map located in Sydney.
- Competitive Lucioball – Copa Lucioball – placement matches, skill rating tiers, leaderboards, competitive points and more.
- New Skins/emotes/intros – (view here)
- Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch
- Will be in the Arcade, currently on the PTR
- New map: Widowmaker’s home, Chateau Guillard (based on Chateau de Duingt)
- Modified a lot of the maps to work with this game play
- The goal is to see how many kills you can get on the scoreboard. New scoreboard for this mode
- 2 modes:
- Deathmatch (free for all, you against 7 other players, whatever hero you want to play); Score in the top half of players in that map, you will get win credit for the arcade loot box.
- Team Deathmatch – same as other but you and your team of 6 are playing to get to 30 kills. Resurrect will remove kills from the other team.
- Can skip deathcam to respawn faster
- Hero Updates
- Concussion Mine – He can now hold 2 mines (can now triple jump)
- Movement speed increased by 30%
- No longer a time limit when wall climbing
- Fusion Driver – Projectile speed increased by 20%
- Protective Barrier
- Barrier size increased by 20%
- Barrier shape has been changed to allow for more coverage from enemies that are below the barrier. (It’s now more effective when used on slopes and on top of objects like the payload)
- Take a Breather
- Can now be used while moving
- Damage taken while healing has been reduced by 50%
- Take a Breather
- Grappling Hook – Cooldown reduced from 12 to 8 seconds
- Venom Mine – Affected targets are now visible through walls (only to Widowmaker)
- New Comic – Could that be a new Reaper skin for Pirate Day? And one for Sombra? https://reader.madefire.com/work/w-a2da1239584645338362109be0e7f1fd/read/8
- Overwatch League Updates:
- New teams announced for Overwatch League – Los Angeles (Stan and Josh Kroenke (Owner of Denver Nuggets, Colorado Avalanche, Colorado Rapids, Colorado Mammoth and the Los Angeles Rams)) and London (Cloud9)
- Rumor that another team is about to sign, Team EnVyUs in Austin/Dallas (source)
Reviews and Emails
That does it for this episode. You can email the show at [email protected] You can also visit our website at www.lootboxshow.com where we will post the show notes with the episode that has links to all the information we discussed.
You can follow us on Twitter
LOOT Box Podcast – @Lootboxshow
SquishieDragon – @Squishiedragon
RadMobile – @NickLindyGaming
You can support the show through Patreon at : www.patreon.com/LootBoxPodcast
Be sure to subscribe and rate us on iTunes!
Until next show, Happy gaming!