- Gamescom Announcements
- Junkrat & Roadhog Short (video)
- New Escort Map: Junkertown (video) (Unit Lost Walkthrough)
- Looks like several side rooms, like the vault, a karaoke stage?
- Big room with rotating platforms in the middle
- Video narrated by the “Queen” of Junkertown
- Mei Short – (video)
- Changes to Season 6
- 2 months long, a month shorter than previous seasons. An experiment because “engagement is a lot higher at the beginning of the season”. Competitive points will be adjusted accordingly but overall rewards at the end of the year should be “roughly the same amount”.
- Matchmaking – matchmaking queues will now take longer
- Placement matches will place players more accurately
- Skill Rating decay has been loosened in Diamond rating and above, now only requiring five matches per week and a penalty of 25 for failing to comply.
- Players in Silver, Gold, Platinum, and Diamond can now drop into lower skill tiers. You will still get competitive points based on your highest rank.
- PTR Changes (D.Va & Mercy changes)
- Can now shoot while flying after using Boosters
- A new rocket ability called Micro Missiles. Shoots 18 missiles in a straight line. Has an AOE effect and can be used simultaneously with her other abilities.
- Defense Matrix resource meter will deplete twice as quickly.
- Resurrect is no longer her Ultimate Ability. Now it’s a secondary ability that only recovers a single teammate. Has a 30 second cooldown.
- Removed invulnerability when casting the skill
- New Ultimate, Valkyrie
- Enhances all her skills and allows her to fly freely for 20 seconds.
- Resurrect cooldown time is reduced to 10 seconds. Cooldown is instantly reset when Valkyrie is activated.
- Healing and Damage boost beam’s range is drastically extended and will chain towards nearby teammates.
- Caduceus gun receives infinite ammunition, increased fire rate and damage output.
- Self-regenerating passive skill will no longer get interrupted while taking damage
- While holding primary fire while your shield is active, you can rotate the camera to look around
- Arcade and Custom Games
- Players who purposefully kill themselves in a game where Respawn as a Random Hero is enabled, will no longer respawn as a new hero. However, their Ultimate ability will reset and any equipment that’s been placed will despawn.
- Also players will no longer receive the same hero two consecutive times, unless the game settings have restricted the hero pool to a single character.
- Cloud9 signs the entire Laser Kittens roster to their London Overwatch League team
- The Seoul team has made it official that Lunatic-Hai will be representing them in the Overwatch League.
- NYC Overwatch team is in the process of finalizing agreements to acquire the roster of the South Korean Overwatch team LW Blue.
- Blizzard will require participating organizations to create separate business entities with specific branding for their team. They will have to create new geolocated brands specific to the Overwatch League.
Reviews and Emails
iTunes Reviews: 0
That does it for this episode. You can email the show at [email protected] You can also visit our website at www.lootboxshow.com where we will post the show notes with the episode that has links to all the information we discussed.
You can follow us on Twitter
LOOT Box Podcast – @Lootboxshow
SquishieDragon – @Squishiedragon
RadMobile – @NickLindyGaming
You can support the show through Patreon at : www.patreon.com/LootBoxPodcast
Be sure to subscribe and rate us on iTunes!
Until next show, Happy gaming!