- Blizzard Unveils the Blizzard Arena at Burbank Studios
- First event there will be the Overwatch Contenders Season One Playoffs on Oct 7-8. Then Oct 13, the Hearthstone Championship Tour Summer Championship will compete there.
- Later this year, the Overwatch League will play their first season at this location.
- Tickets are now available and they are priced between $15-$25. Tickets
- New Overwatch Comic: Wasted Land – shows how Roadhog and Junkrat meet.
- New Patch (Aug 29th)
- D.Va and Mercy changes are not included
- Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch is live
- New Map: Chateau Guillard (Widowmaker’s home)
- Season 6 of Ranked started on Aug 31st and will last 2 months
- Roadhog Changes
- Can heal while moving
- Takes 50% less damage while healing
- Junkrat Changes
- Can hold 2 concussion mines at once
- Rip-Tire movement speed changed and can wall climb more efficiently
- Orissa Changes
- Fusion Driver shoots 20% faster
- Barrier shield has increased in size and shape has changed a little
- Jeff Kaplan gives a small peek into changes coming with dealing with toxic players
- They have short term, medium term and long term plans for dealing with toxic players.
- Short term:
- Re-evaluating every punishment and are in the process of converting silences over to suspensions on toxic players.
- Increasing the length of suspensions
- We hope for silences to go away all together and only have suspensions and bans for punishments.
- Testing an email notification system to let you know when someone you’ve reported has been actioned.
- They did just ban a number of accounts for boosting in Season 5. These accounts will lose all Season 5 rewards.
- Medium term:
- Looking to completely ban repeated Competitive offenders. Meaning if you have been banned for more than X seasons, you will be banned for ever playing competitive again.
- Season 6 will be way more aggressive with boosting/throwing or any sort of SR manipulation. They have developers who are getting very good at detecting this behavior and are creating systems around SR abuse.
- There are a new series of punishments that they are trying this season that will escalate much more quickly. Really bad players will “strike out” of the game much quicker.
- Long term:
- Blizzard would prefer working on systems that encourage positive behavior and rewards good players. But because some people lack self-control or like to abuse anonymity they have to spend time and resources policing the community.
- Overwatch World Cup Playoff Brackets announced – playing at BlizzCon
- UK vs Sweden
- China vs France
- Canada vs Australia
- South Korea vs USA
Competitive Update : Overwatch League
NRG signs 17-year old Sinatraa with a $150,000 per year contract. He received interest from numerous teams and it’s reported that the reason his contract was so high was because of bidding between NRG and Cloud9. (source)
Reviews and Emails
iTunes Reviews: 0
My name is Miles, I’m 11.
I was wondering how many competitive points you guys have. Are you close to a golden weapon?
I have Tracer’s and 1777 competitive points. I used to play on PC, but now I play on Xbox.
I really like your show. Me, my dad, and my brother listen to every episode.
Thanks for doing the show.
That does it for this episode. You can email the show at [email protected] You can also visit our website at www.lootboxshow.com where we will post the show notes with the episode that has links to all the information we discussed.
You can follow us on Twitter
LOOT Box Podcast – @Lootboxshow
SquishieDragon – @Squishiedragon
RadMobile – @NickLindyGaming twitch.tv/nicklindy
Nibble – @Nibble_OW
You can support the show through Patreon at : www.patreon.com/LootBoxPodcast
Be sure to subscribe and rate us on iTunes!
Until next show, Happy gaming!