- BlizzCon Recap
- The Experience
- Sombra Announced
- Machine Pistol (60 shots) – fully-automatic fires in a short-range spread.
- Hack – hacks enemies to temporarily stop them using their abilities or hacks first aid kits to make them useless to her opponents. Hacks on first aid kits lasts for 1 minute and you can hack multiple ones.
- Thermoptic Camo – becomes invisible for a short period of time and speed is boosted. Attacking, using offensive abilities, taking damage and bumping into turrets will disable her camouflage.
- Translocator – She tosses out a translocator beacon. She can instantly return to the beacon’s location while it is active (including in mid-flight). Has a 15 second timer.
- EMP (Ultimate) – discharges electromagnetic energy in a wide-radius, destroying enemy barriers and shields and hacking all opponents caught in the blast.
- New Map: Oasis (Coming in December on PTR with release in 2017)
- New Map: Eco Point – Used in brawls (1v1, 3v3)
- Location where Mei-Ling was once stationed. It’s a compact arena map.
- Overwatch League
- Revamp of the Brawl section. Choose from a variety of rotating game modes, maps, and rulesets that don’t fit into Quick Play or Competitive. This has 1-on-1 duels, 3-vs-3 skirmishes, alternating selection of Brawls and special rule sets like “no hero switching”.
- You can earn Loot Boxes by playing the featured Brawl one time.
- Each week you earn up to 3 Loot Boxes for playing in the Arcade. Every 3 wins gets you a new Loot Box. Resets each week.
- PTR Changes
- Season 3 changes
- Shortening the off-season downtime to just one week
- Testing a new way to determine SR (Skill Rating) on the PTR. Currently planning to tune your SR to be slightly lower to start so that when you play competitive matches you go up instead of down. Last season they had way more players in Gold and Platinum than intended and as result many players ended up losing a lot of games right away until they reached their real level.
- Experience changes to level
- The amount of XP needed for level 2-13 remain unchanged.
- The amount of XP from 14-100 has been reduced slightly.
- The amount of XP after 100 is now constant (20,000 XP) and no longer resets after promotion.
- Hero Balance Changes
- Dealing damage to non-players (Torb’s turrets, etc) no longer charges Ultimate abilities.
- Ultimate costs increased by 25% for all heroes.
- Mech health increased to 200 (was 100) Armor remains at 400.
- Movement speed while firing increased by 25%
- Call Mech – Ultimate cost has been decreased by 20% (reduced cost back down to what it was before the global ultimate change)
- Solider: 76
- Pulse Rifle – Bullet damage increased from 17 to 20
- Pulse Rifle – Maximum bullet spread increased from 2.2 to 2.4
- Nano Boost – no longer increases move speed
- Blizzard – Ultimate cost has been increased by 15%
- Amp it up – Healing per second decreased by 10%
- Particle Barrier – power gained decreased by 20%
- Projected Barrier – power gained decreased by 20%
- Scrap is now automatically generated over time
- Amount of scrap collected from a fallen enemy decreased by 40%
- Forge Hammer – swing speed increased by 25%
- Forge Hammer – damage decreased by 27%
- Venom Mine – Explosion no longer damages the player who placed the mine
- Widow’s Kiss – Charge rate increased by 20%
- Rocket Launcher – minimum explosion damage increased to 20% of rocket’s total damage (was 12%)
- Rocket Launcher – minimum explosion knockback decreased to 0% of rocket’s total knockback (was 75%)
- Hover Jets – lift increased by 35%
- Passive health regeneration now kicks in when Mercy avoids taking damage for 1 second (was 3 seconds)
- Season 3 changes
Hints and Tips
Reviews and Emails
That does it for this episode. You can email the show at [email protected] You can also visit our website at lootboxshow.com where we will post the show notes with the episode that has links to all the information we discussed.
You can follow us on Twitter
LOOT Box Podcast – @Lootboxshow
SquishieDragon – @Squishiedragon
You can support the show through Patreon at : www.patreon.com/LootBoxPodcast
If you want to check out SquishieDragon’s Art Stream, she streams Thursday, starting at 3pm CST: http://www.twitch.tv/squishiedragn
Be sure to subscribe and rate us on iTunes!
Until next show, Happy gaming!