- PTR patch changes are live
- Overwatch: First Strike graphic novel has been cancelled
- Cited that since it was started the story has changed and expanded. They plan to tell the story in the future, but for now it’s cancelled.
- Blizzard posted 2 new job listings for lead software engineers to work on a unannounced project working on a robust first-person engine. Could this be tied to the cancellation of the graphic novel? Maybe a first-person, single player game around that story line?
- Dev update from Jeff Kaplan: Symmetra changes. This went live on the PTR the day after the announcement.
- Ultimate changed : Toggle between the teleporter and a new shield generator
- Teleporter has more health and some of that is a regenerating shield.
- Shields replaced with a forward-moving barrier
- Changes to sentry turrets:
- Maximum stockpiled charges increased to 6
- Cooldown recovery rate reduced to 10 seconds
- Primary weapon is mostly the same but has increased the range of her primary fire beam slightly.
- Low graphic settings no longer removes bushes and other objects in the world in key locations that would give an advantage to players running on low settings.
Patch Changes 220.127.116.11
- Sombra is live
- New Feature: The Arcade
- Choose from a variety of regularly rotating game modes, maps and rulesets. For example, 1-on-1, 3-vs-3, and rulesets like mystery heroes.
- Every 3 wins earns you a loot box in arcade, up to 3 per week.
- Some modes/types will earn you a loot box for 1 win.
- New Arena Map: Ecopoint: Antarctica
- A compact arena map that features multiple new game modes, including a 3-vs-3 battle and 1-on-1 duel.
- Season 3 changes
- New season starts Nov 30 at 4pm PDT
- Shortening the off-season downtime to just one week
- Some adjustments were made to the skill rating system. Players will be distributed more broadly across the skill tiers, which means your season 3 rating will probably be lower than the previous season.
- Experience changes to level
- The amount of XP needed for level 2-13 remain unchanged.
- The amount of XP from 14-100 has been reduced slightly.
- The amount of XP after 100 is now constant (20,000 XP) and no longer resets after promotion.
- Hero Balance Changes
- Dealing damage to non-players (Torb’s turrets, etc) no longer charges Ultimate abilities.
- Ultimate costs increased by 25% for all heroes.
- Mech health increased to 200 (was 100) Armor remains at 400.
- Movement speed while firing increased by 25%
- Call Mech – Ultimate cost has been decreased by 20% (reduced cost back down to what it was before the global ultimate change)
- Soldier: 76
- Pulse Rifle – Bullet damage increased from 17 to 20
- Pulse Rifle – Maximum bullet spread increased from 2.2 to 2.4
- Nano Boost – no longer increases move speed
- Blizzard – Ultimate cost has been increased by 15%
- Amp it up – Healing per second decreased by 10%
- Particle Barrier – power gained decreased by 20%
- Projected Barrier – power gained decreased by 20%
- Scrap is now automatically generated over time
- Amount of scrap collected from a fallen enemy decreased by 40%
- Forge Hammer – swing speed increased by 25%
- Forge Hammer – damage decreased by 27%
- Venom Mine – Explosion no longer damages the player who placed the mine
- Widow’s Kiss – Charge rate increased by 20%
- Rocket Launcher – minimum explosion damage increased by 13%
- Rocket Launcher – minimum explosion knockback decreased to 0% (was 75%)
- Hover Jets – lift increased by 35%
- Passive health regeneration now kicks in when Mercy avoids taking damage for 1 second (was 3 seconds)
- Upcoming Tournaments
- Blizzard announces an open tournament with Next Generation Esports called the Winter Premiere with a $100,000 prize pool. Open tournament and you can register by going here: http://www.winterpremiere.com/
- OGN Overwatch APEX with a $180,000 prize pool. First 2 rounds completed and the finals are on Dec 3rd. It’s Afreeca Freecs Blue (South Korea – #7 in the world) vs EnVyUs (United States – #1 in the world). http://www.gosugamers.net/overwatch/tournaments/12337-ogn-overwatch-apex-season-1/3468-playoffs/12342-playoffs/matches/147716-afreeca-freecs-blue-vs-envyus
- Recent Tournaments
- Dreamhack Winter – Ending today – Grand final was Misfits vs Fnatic. Misfits won the championship and $30,000.
- This week Cloud9 announced that they raised $3 million dollars in equity financing through 21 different private investors. This should keep Cloud9 competitive especially with the upcoming Overwatch League in the future. This comes alongside the other significant investments into eSports like the Philadelphia 76ers purchasing controlling interest in Team Dignitas and Axiomatic (high profile sports investors like Magic Johnson, Peter Gruber (co-owner of the Golden State Warriors, LA Dodgers and the LA Football club), and Ted Leonsis (owner of the Washington Capitals, Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics and the Verizon Center in Washington DC). https://pvplive.net/c/cloud9-raises-3-million-in-fundraising
Hints and Tips
Reviews and Emails
That does it for this episode. You can email the show at [email protected] . You can also visit our website at http://www.lootboxshow.com where we will post the show notes with the episode that has links to all the information we discussed.
You can follow us on Twitter
LOOT Box Podcast – @Lootbox
SquishieDragon – @Squishiedragon
You can support the show through Patreon at : www.patreon.com/LootBoxShow
If you want to check out SquishieDragon’s Art Stream, she streams Thursday, starting at 3pm CST: http://www.twitch.tv/squishiedragn
Be sure to subscribe and rate us on iTunes!
Until next show, Happy gaming!